Printer Firmware Updater (Mac) for MG5500 series
Canon PIXMA MG5500
Inkjet Photo Printers
PIXMA MG5500 series High quality 5-ink All-In-One with easy mobile and cloud printing
A high-quality Wi-Fi All-In-One for the home with print, copy and scan functions. Features include 5 Single Inks, advanced connectivity for smartphone and direct cloud printing plus XL ink options.
Firmware Updater (Mac) for MG5500 series
Firmware is a term often used to denote a fixed program to enable basic device operation and carry out the functions of a higher level.
There is no definite boundaries between firmware and software, as both are descriptive terms broad enough. However, the term firmware was originally created for a more directed at software level higher (Update) which can be changed at any time without having to replace components on the hardware, and firmware typically involved with low-level operations very basic without the device will actually not function.
This updater will upgrade your printer’s firmware to version 2.050.
To perform this upgrade, a USB cable and a computer are needed.
Printer Update: The firmware to upgrade the functions of the printer.
language’s folder: Contains the manual of the firmware update procedures. Launch it from fut_upgrade.html inside the language folder.
– A USB cable & a computer are needed to perform this upgrade.
– See the attached manual to confirm the update procedures.
– Execute updating in the environment which you log onto as a member of the Administrators group.
macOS Sierra v10.12
OS X El Capitan v10.11
OS X Yosemite v10.10
OS X Mavericks v10.9
OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5
OS X Lion v10.7.5
OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.8
Double-click the downloaded dmg. file to decompress it. Then, open the newly-created “Printer Update” folder. And open the fut_upgrade.html inside the language’s folder, then execute the update of the firmware based on the manual “fut_upgrade.html.”
– macOS Sierra (v10.12) has been added as a supported OS.
– OS X El Capitan (v10.11) has been added as a supported OS.
– OS X Yosemite (v10.10) has been added as a supported OS.
– This can fix the compatible problem (When the printer is in the AP mode <Access Point mode>, it is not detected by an iOS7 device.).
File version: 1.0b
File Size: 29 MB
File name: mfuu-mac-mg5500-1_0b-ea7.dmg